I’m sure you’ve seen the many posts about picking a word of the year by now. This year I chose the word “home.” My home is my favorite place to be. It is my haven. I want it to be a place that I love coming home to everyday. A place where my family feels nurtured.
We are about a fourth of the way into the year, a good point to stop and check in with yourself and re-focus on your word of the year.
A home is a precious gift you give to yourself…What can be more important than the space where you live and breathe and thrive, surrounded by memories and treasures that fill you up? My home is my refuge and my restoration. -Oprah Winfrey
So far, here are a few ways I’m embracing my word of the year:
- I purchased Liz’s half moon necklace with the word “home” stamped on the back as a daily reminder.
- I signed up for Anni Daulter’s Sacred Home class. (By the way, in case you missed it I’m giving away a copy of one of her books, Sacred Motherhood.)
- I’m filling my home with fresh flowers every day.
- Got rid of almost 50 bags of clutter. Thank you Marie Kondo.
- I got this super adorable mouse door.
- We built our daughter this cozy loft bed. Yes, we actually built it from scratch and we are not very skilled at DIY projects!
We made our spare room into a yoga room for my daughter and I.
Most importantly, your home should make you feel wombed, nurtured. – Oprah Winfrey
Still on my to do list:
- I’m a huge fan of The Nester and I’ve been wanting to take her course Cozy Minimalist for long time.
- Paint. Ugh, I do not like painting but the walls are calling for it!
- Make a kitchen altar.
- Build a kitchen island.
What is your word of the year? It’s still not too late to pick one if you haven’t already!
I would love for you to share your word in the comments and what it means to you! To help you stay on track I’ve created this free printable for you, Word of The Year. You can down load it here.
Pin This For Later!
More free printables:
This post does contain affiliate links. See my disclaimer here. Thanks for supporting me and my family!