Soulful Self Care: Practicing the Art of Motherhood Without Losing Yourself
Has this ever happened to you? You are washing your face, and suddenly you do not recognize the woman staring back at you. “Who is this?” you ask the mirror on the wall. No reply. She looks vaguely familiar but bears little resemblance to the woman you were expecting to see there. – Sarah Ban Breathnach
I’m sure every mama can relate to this quote at some point. Do you love being a mother but also want to reclaim parts of your lost self and re-discover what brings you joy? Have you forgotten who you used to be and the things you liked to do? When was the last time you treated yourself to some new clothes or a haircut? Do you feel torn between motherhood and wanting to feel like more than just “mom”?
I distinctly remember attending a party and running into some old friends we hadn’t seen in a while. (They have a daughter just about the same age as mine.) What struck me was that they looked exactly the same as before they had their child. That romantic spark was still obvious between them; they were dressed in the latest style of clothes, all beautiful and breezy. I was suddenly self-conscious of my muffin top waist, my outdated clothing and the fact that my husband and I were functioning more like roommates rather than two people in love. Where had I gone wrong? How did I manage to let this happen and lose myself while they seemed to have fallen effortlessly and gracefully into parenthood?
These questions are what led me on a journey to find my lost self. That’s why I created this course to help other mamas stuck in the same place.
For four weeks we will gather together, holding and supporting each other in a sacred space. The lessons will be light yet powerful. There will only be three lessons each week so that you don’t feel overwhelmed. Each week will provide inspiration on how to weave the art of motherhood into the fabric of your days without losing yourself.
The first lesson of the week will be an essay on the theme of the week along with journal prompts. Mid-week will feature a sacred ritual with practices such as yoga, breath work, smudging, and more. The third lesson will round out the week with one tangible weekend “peaceful project” such as creating a sacred space. Each lesson comes with additional resources such as related music, movies, and books.
- In week one we will focus on reconnecting with our authentic self, remembering who exactly we were before we became a mom. We’ll dig deep and explore things like what hobbies did you have? What things did you enjoy doing? What were your childhood dreams? What sparked joy for you?
- During the second week we’ll spend time focusing on grounding and finding ways to connect us to our true self. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “I’m a busy mom, I don’t have time for this!” No worries, we’ll also talk about carving out creative pockets of time because the goal here is to create calm amidst the chaos, not to add one more thing to your to do list.
- Self love and sacred soul talk will be the focus during the third week. Finding a new sense of self-appreciation and self-love for your beautiful soul will help you stay committed and focused on our new practices.
- And to close out our journey together, the last week of class, a “homage to coming home” will contain a special guest post from one of my favorite authors, Anne Lamott. Yes, you read that right, Anne Lamott! I could have pinched myself when she agreed to participate!
In addition to the lessons you will receive:
- Access to a private face book group where we can gather and share our experiences and revelations as we journey through the course.
- A beautiful printable binder cover in case you are like me and want to print all the lessons and put them in one place.
- All of the lessons in one PDF at the end for your binder.
- Printable ritual cards from each week’s lesson.
- A free pdf version of the Peaceful Pauses Deck. (A $9.99 value!)
There will also be an optional upgrade with the course, a chance to purchase a very special, sacred self care package. The package will be lovingly put together by hand and will contain physical items such as soothing herbal teas, relaxing bath salts, and essential oils, which we will be discussing throughout the course, to support us and care for ourselves along our soulful journey together.
At the end of this course you will:
- Be more connected to your true self.
- Feel like more than “just mom” while still loving the journey of motherhood.
- Discover a new sense of identity.
- Learn to create space for yourself and the things you love.
- Feel replenished and refreshed.
So, are you ready to reconnect with yourself and add more joy and satisfaction to your life? If so, sign up here to be notified when the course is released and receive a special discount code. You’ll also gain immediate access to my self care library. (If you’re already on my email list there’s no need to sign up again, since you’re already one of my peeps you’ll automatically be notified when the course is released and receive the discount code!)
Pin This For Later!