It’s difficult to find even a few moments for self-care as a mom with littles. Using aromatherapy for relaxation is one of the quickest ways.
Here are three ideas that take only about 15 minutes to leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized! (Think nap time, bath time, and favorite TV show as opportunities to sneak these in!)
- 1 gallon water (hot as can be tolerated)
- ½ c olive oil
- 5 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Petals from 1 Rose
Put the above herbs and essential oils into a basin and add the gallon of water. Soak feet as long as you desire or until you hear the familiar “mom!”
Massage Oil for Sore Tired Muscles
- 15 ml carrier oil (jojoba, olive, or apricot)
- 2 drops Juniper essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
Mix above ingredients for a massage oil for sore muscles.
Pour 1 pint of boiling water over 1 oz Lavender flowers and let sit 20 minutes; strain, saving liquid.
To the reserved liquid add:
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
Pour into a warm bath and enjoy!
More aromatherapy recipes:
Pin This For Later!